Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

First Up!



What do two parties, three cakes, two piñatas, one candy table, ten headbands , two balloon popping darts and 30 happy party going kids make?  A VERY SUCCESSFUL OFFICIAL OPENING WEEKEND FOR ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS AFFAIRS!!!

I can now ascertain that without a doubt I found what I love to do.  I had so much fun leading up to this weekend that now that it is over I can hardly wait to get to the next party.  But first I think I’ll bring you along as I revel in the details of the weekend.  

First up was Maddie’s 3rd and Brendan’s 5th birthday party.  Two of the cutest and energetic sibling you’ll meet.  They each had very specific and awesome ideas of what their cakes should look like.   

Going along for Brendan's love for race cars, he wanted a Hot Wheels cake, but not just a plain one because that would be, well… just OK, he imagined an action cake with real car action.  So that is what he got!



I loved Brendan’s reaction to his cake.  It was one of those moments that make childhood so magical.  It was one of those that I know, as a parent to my own 5 and 2 year old, I have come to cherish.  I don’t recall his exact words, but I know there was some squealing and an “It’s a real car!” and an “LOOK, LOOK! That is my cake with a real loop track!”  It warmed my heart.  



Maddie’s idea of the perfect cake was what else, but a Dora cake.  It had to be pink one of course to match her tutu and stars and flowers to match her incredibly sweet and shiny disposition.  I think her favorite part was licking the frosting off of Dora.   


That was Saturday.  

Sunday was Abby’s 10th Birthday Party.  The best part about this party was that sitting down with Abby and planning the party together.  She had very clear ideas as to what she wanted, and what Abby wanted, Abby got – a Hello Kitty party with all the trimmings.  

Where do I begin.  Abby asked for a Hello Kitty piñata, but not just any piñata, it had to be just the face and not a flat face, but a 3-D replica.  So I put two of the best piñata artists to work.  They produced not one, but TWO amazing 3-D Hello Kitty replica piñatas.  One would be for breaking and the other for decoration and as a keepsake for Abby.    




Abby asked for a Hello Kitty cake, but you guessed it, not just any cake, it had to be an ice cream cake and again, just the face.  None of that flat rectangle cake with a face on it…  So again, that’s what Abby got.  You don’t know how rewarding it is to have ten 10 year olds say “Oh my gosh, that is the most awesome cake”, followed of course by “I want the bow,” and “I want the eye”…  



Next the fun and games, hair band making, playing darts for prizes, beating the piñata and as girls tend to do, chatting and dancing to music.  I’ll let the pictures do the talking here.   













So now on to the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment